ActivTrades review (2022) Review
ActivTrades is one of the leading forex trading companies in Germany, Italy, France, Spain and other countries. The broker has been successfully working in the sphere of financial markets and investments since 2001. It provides high-quality services and innovative solutions, ensures comfortable and effective work of traders. Among its services: forex, CFDs, investments, training.
All the same, is ActivTrades a scam or a worthy company you should trust? We answer this question in an in-depth review of the broker.
Regulator of the broker
The company is licensed and operates strictly in accordance with the laws of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA, #434413). At the same time, the broker is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. (Financial Services Compensation Scheme, FSCS), that guarantees the security of client assets.
ActivTrades Terms and Conditions
The company provides two account types to its clients:
- A standard account type suitable for experienced traders. Account holders receive one-on-one personalized training, balance protection and exclusive applications. The minimum deposit requirement is USD, EUR, GBP or CHF 1000. ActivTrades also insures client funds up to 1000000 GBP USD. Users can contact the support team at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The main difference of the account is that the client will no longer be subject to the interference of ESMA’s CFD regulatory measures, which came into force on August 1, 2018 to protect retail investors. Users also get additional protection and insurance for their own funds. However, there are a number of benefits that users will have to give up. These include leverage limits, risk warnings and incentives available for the standard account type.
To apply for a professional trading account, the user must meet the following criteria:
The user must have conducted large transactions, in the relevant market. An average of 10 transactions per quarter in the period over the previous four quarters.
The size of the financial instrument’s portfolio, including cash deposits and financial assets, must exceed €500,000. This may include, but is not limited to, savings accounts, options, stock portfolios, equities and fund investments.
Companies try to provide users with the most comfortable conditions for cooperation. That’s why the broker uses MetaTrader4, MetaTrader5 and ActivTrader platforms.
MT4 – one of the most reliable and popular trading platforms, which has become a real standard for forex trading. The platform is user-friendly and intuitive. It offers users high security and state-of-the-art technology for trading cryptocurrencies, commodities, metals, indices, fixed income and forex. With the platform, investors can automate their own strategies with the help of trading advisors. It is also possible to use third-party experts and develop technical indicators. A total of 50 available technical indicators and 9 different timeframes are provided.
MT5 is a more advanced version of the MetaTrader 4 platform. It has new and advanced features that make online trading more professional and accurate. Clients get access to more than 450 CFDs on stocks, as well as ETFs and other instruments. Users can delete or modify rows and open several trades in a single contract. In turn, positions are consolidated, which allows to determine the netting of “First in First out” open positions. A total of 21 timeframes and eight order types are available.
ActivTrader is an advanced platform that uses new technology and advanced trading functionalities. Users get access to the financial markets and can trade over 500 CFDs, including Forex, commodities, financials and indices, options, stocks and ETFs. Also available on the site is the Progressive Trailing Stop feature, which helps protect users’ profits. Customers can take advantage of more than 14 types of charts and monitor market “moods” (forex trading education).
A demo account has been created for novice traders who do not have sufficient practical skills. Thus, a user can choose a platform and practice on a demo account with 10,000 euros of virtual money. The functionality of the platform is almost fully preserved. The only difference is that the client does not risk anything. Thus, it is possible to explore the functionality provided by the broker, work out your own strategy and try your own forces in trading.
Deposit and Withdrawal
ActivTrades offers a rather limited list of available payment systems for deposits and withdrawals. In order to make a deposit, you must register with the broker, deposit an amount, and choose a convenient means of transferring funds (minimum deposit is $100) from the usual bank cards to e-wallets:
- Bank transfers (same business day).
- Credit or debit cards (30 minutes).
- Electronic wallets Neteller, Skrill and SOFORT (30 minutes).
You can open an account in any currency you choose. Money is immediately available for trading after payment. Withdrawal is possible for authorized traders only. Please refer to the ActivTrades official website for withdrawal times.
Pros and cons of ActivTrades
A review of the broker allows us to highlight quite a few advantages of this company:
- ActivTrades is reliable and always withdraws all customer funds correctly.
- The broker offers comfortable trading platforms with correct quotes.
- Training materials as well as classes, including one-on-one sessions, are available for beginners and more experienced members.
But there are some disadvantages:
- Some customers note delays in withdrawing assets;
- a limited number of methods to deposit and withdraw money from the account
Pros / Cons