IG Group review (2022) Review
IG Group is a public company listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 250 Index. As of 2018, IG served more than 195,000 active traders. The company is based in London and operates 14 global offices on all five world continents. Many traders have been entrusting their deposits to this particular broker for a long time because all funds are deposited into different bank accounts. They are kept separately and are never pooled together with the company’s own accounts. The money is not used in the company’s own activities, and even if it goes bankrupt, it will not go as compensation to creditors.
IG Group companies are regulated and licensed by the world’s major regulators. In the United Kingdom: IG Markets Ltd (license number 195355) and IG Index Ltd (license number 114059) are authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FCA. IG.com is regulated by ASIC and is licensed by the Australian Financial Services Authority, license number 220440. The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) authorizes and supervises the conduct of IG activities in Singapore (license number 200510021K). All client funds are segregated from company funds and held in separate bank accounts with AA-rated banks.
Traders can choose from a variety of trading platforms, depending on what device they are most used to trading with. Available is the classic MT4 terminal, mobile applications, as well as web terminal.
- Online Trading Platform
This is the company’s own development that allows traders to quickly open positions, close orders, and monitor the market situation in real-time directly through the browser window. All one needs to do to use the program is to register on the website, after which they can enter their login and password and immediately open a window with a chart. The online version already has several basic indicators built-in, the settings of which the user can change at his discretion.
- MetaTrader 4
This is a classic program, which is often offered by different brokers as the main trading platform. Its advantages are obvious – the program is very easy to operate, its interface is understandable even to a novice user. In addition, the terminal contains a full set of basic indicators and other market analysis tools.
The minimum deposit amount is $200. Users have access to trade more than 15,000 financial instruments, including forex, CFDs on stocks, indices, commodities, bonds, and cryptocurrencies. The company provides access to other global markets, including exchange-traded stocks. Leverage up to 1: 200. Spreads floating from 0: 4 pips.
Free and unlimited IG.com demo account
A demo account is a virtual money account. You can trade without any risk and test the capabilities of the platform. We recommend using this account before you start investing real money. It is also important to use a demo account to develop new strategies or to learn how to trade. IG.com offers a free and unlimited demo account for $10,000.
Facts about opening an account:
- Easy and fast through the online application
- Very fast verification
- Free and unlimited demo account
- Different accounts for different platforms and financial products
Methods to deposit and withdraw funds
Balance replenishment and withdrawal can be done by bank transfer to the account number or by transfer by the card number. The broker does not charge any commissions for replenishment, but the sending bank or Visa and MasterCard payment system may withhold a certain amount. The term is from 2 to 5 working days.
Contacts of the broker
The following methods are available for contacting the broker:
- Phone 015-92-48 (for prospective clients).
- Phone 015-92-49 (for traders who are already clients of the broker).
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact the main office, located in the United Kingdom, in London, Cannon Bridge House 25 Dowgate Hill EC4R 2YA.
Pros and cons of IG.com
Customers may pay attention to this company because cooperation with it offers several advantages:
- Judging by the reviews of traders it is a reliable and honest broker, which always withdraws funds from clients’ accounts in due time and does not engage in fraudulent actions with asset price quotes.
- The activities of the company are controlled by the state regulator of Australia, which also increases the confidence of its users.
- Availability of a free demo account, on which you can test new indicators and strategies, as well as quickly master the interface of the trading platform.
Among the individual disadvantages are the following disadvantages:
- Support service is only available by international telephone and e-mail, which is not very convenient for customers.
- Another significant disadvantage is the lack of any training materials in the form of articles, videos, webinars, etc. This is especially significant for novice traders, who will have to obtain information from other resources, as well as from their own experience.
Pros / Cons